January UFO report

While I didn't actually finish anything from my UFO list in January, I made significant progress on three projects. I should easily finish them by the end of the month and maybe one or two others besides. Meanwhile, here is where I stand:

First up, here is the one that's closest to being done. It's a simple 9-patch throw for my son's friend. All that's left to do is to whip stitch the binding to the back of the quilt. You can see the binding clips around the edges. It will be a perfect hand sewing project to work on during tomorrow's Super Bowl. I'm not sure how far I'll get though if I have to keep looking up to watch the commercials, LOL!

This one is the result of a block exchange with two friends. The pattern originally appeared in the July 2007 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting. Thanks to a timely winter storm, I had two snow days at home this week and finally took time to assemble the top. I pinned it into a sandwich tonight and it's ready to be quilted.


This is "Springing Up Fun" from a class I took last summer. The pattern is by a local designer, and was recently picked up by Nancy's Notions. Congratulations, Christine! Anyhow, I'm giving serious consideration to donating it to Brenda Novak's annual auction to benefit diabetes research. The auction starts in May, so I would want to get this finished by the end of March. It's pinned and ready to quilt.

That's this month's report. Hopefully February will be another productive month.

Comments

  1. They look great, Phyl!
    I'm enjoying seeing the step by step progress on the last one. It's so pretty!

    By the way, I gave you an award on my blog. Please come by and check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I think I have ADD

57, 3, 15

TBR Day. Conor's Way / Laura Lee Guhrke. 1996