Baby Quilt


This is from the Maple Island BQ2 pattern, and measures around 52" x 65". Not exactly a "baby" quilt, but it is for a young couple about to have their first child, most likely a girl. The new baby's grandmother is one of my best friends and I remember when S. was 7 years old. In fact I babysat for S. and her brothers more than once. So it was pretty exciting to make this for her.

This pattern is also darn easy. I finished it in less than 2 weeks; in fact I put the final stitch in the binding about an hour and a half before the baby shower started. I'd say there's a total of only 15-16 hours in it. I showed off some of the machine quilting here. I can show it off again, though!


This is the second time I've made this pattern for a baby. Here's a smaller version, about 36" x 45" and the blocks are laid out in a different pattern. I made the one below about 2 years ago.

Comments

  1. This is a lovely quilt, Phyl. Great job! You said it was so darn easy to make :) but it looks complicated. The quilt in the last pic is really eye-catching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jace. And that's the beauty of this quilt. It looks complicated, but it's not. It has few intersecting seams and only 3 fabrics cut into large pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I think I have ADD

57, 3, 15

TBR Day. Deadly Descent / Kaylea Cross. 2011