Quilts finished in February

February was a pretty productive quilting month. I attended my guild's annual Retreat where I managed to get most of a top done. And I made some progress on the book cover quilt I'm making for last year's winner of the Brenda Novak auction. As a matter of fact, that quilt is very close to being done. As soon as the author receives it, I'll be posting all about it. As for actual finishes, though, I got one done. But this was the one I'd entered in the local shop challenge. Unfortunately, I didn't win the February drawing. But, for the win I can say I at least got one done! I'll take it.

I started this quilt top at the 2009 guild retreat. It was a mystery quilt where we were instructed to bring a variety of light, medium, and dark fabrics. It's a fun study in values. I chose all green fabrics. If you look closely you can see that the dark values run across the quilt from the top right to the bottom left. The medium values run from the top left to the bottom right. And they're set off by the light values. I like this quilt a lot. And I think it'll make a nice baby gift, so I won't be keeping it.

For the quilting I did a simple cross-hatching. The fabrics are a mix of cotton prints and cotton batiks.
If you're keeping score, that's three quilts finished so far in 2013. All of them were begun prior to January 1, though.

Comments

  1. Another gorgeous quilt, Phyl! I love the colors here. Congrats on finishing three quilts in 2013 so far! Hope your productivity continues.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I think I have ADD

57, 3, 15

A personal update