Something Whimsical

Last summer a couple of my friends and I were each asked to make a small wall hanging (24" x 24") using pieces of two specific fabrics. We were given fat eighths (9" x 11") of a bright orange batik and a dark purple batik. And we were challenged to use the word "whimsey" as a theme. Our challenger was the owner of SewBatik, a fabric company that sells direct to consumers at quilt shows and online. Our quilts were due April 15, and I'm finally getting around to showing them off here.

QBFF T. calls her quilt "Sunshine and Showers."
I love the beading to show the rain, and the lace trim to represent flowers. It's the perfect May quilt.
She did a great job quilting this.

QBFF A. simply called hers "Whimsey Challenge." It's a beautiful, bold, graphic quilt.
Look at all of that beading!
The quilting cleverly follows the background's horizontal lines.

Finally, here's mine. When I saw the fabric, all I could think of was "Flower Power."
I quilted flowers all over it using yellow thread.
Groovy, huh?






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I think I have ADD

57, 3, 15

A personal update