A Little Something

I've actually finished a few things recently. Two of them are lap-sized and all I need to do is get some photos taken so I can post them here soon. I also whipped out this little wall hanging that I gave to my husband yesterday for Father's Day.

This is called Moonlight Moose and it's from a kit by On the Trail Creations that I bought through Keepsake Quilting (they have the BEST catalog). It's pretty small, about 11"x 16". It only took me 4 days to finish, but I worked on it for several long stretches during those 4 days. There's a lot of stitching and I had to keep changing thread colors and presser feet. It was well worth the effort, though.

So here's the finished project:
And next, here is an interesting view of the background, raw edges and all, before the applique pieces were added.
This is a close-up of the stitching. I used some of my machine's decorative stitches, which is something I rarely get a chance to do.
The raw-edge applique pieces were ironed on and stitched into place:
And then I added some background quilting. Here are a couple of close-ups of that:

The pattern came with an extra set of pattern pieces. I can certainly see myself making this again using my own fabrics. The instructions were well-written and easy to follow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I think I have ADD

57, 3, 15

TBR Day. Deadly Descent / Kaylea Cross. 2011